- Marinate the fish with coriander, cumin and fennel powder. Season with salt and oil.
- Deep-fry until golden brown and set aside.
- Peel cucumber and carrot and cut them into one inch sticks.
- Soak vegetables in salt water for about 20 minutes and drain.
- Cut chillies lengthwise and cube them.
- Saute shallots, garlic and ginger strips in oil until fragrant.
- Add chilli paste, cook until fragrant and turns oily.
- Then add in turmeric powder, vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Simmer and remove from heat.
- Quickly add in the vegetables, chillies and fish. Mix it thoroughly.
- Lastly, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You may also like