Ingredients is not available.
- Put glutinous rice flour in a basin. Make a well in the centre, add water gradually and mix until a soft dough is formed. Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- Leave 1 portion uncoloured, add pink colouring to another, and red to the other.
- Roll each portion out into a long strip, then pinch off small, equal portions; roll each small portion between the palms of both hands to form round balls.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the balls. When the kuih ee is cooked, they will float to the surface. Remove the balls with a wire mesh ladle or slotted spoon and drop into a basin of cold water; leave to cool, then drain.
- To make syrup: In a large saucepan, mix water and sugar and bring to a slow boil. When the sugar dissolves, add pandan leaves and ginger slices.
- Boil over low heat for 5 minutes, then add the cooked kuih ee. Bring the syrup to a boil, remove from heat, and serve as a hot or cold dessert.