This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 5 pandan leaves (shredded)
- 750 ml water
- 1 packet agar-agar (soaked)
- 1 pandan leaf (knotted)
- 220 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- a few drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 egg
- 200 ml santan sawit
- Moisten the interior of an 8-inch square pan with water.
- Blend the pandan leaves with a little water, then strain and reserve the juice.
- Place the water and agar-agar in a pot and boil with the knotted pandan leaf until agar-agar dissolves. Add sugar and simmer till it dissolves, then add the salt, pandan juice and green food coloring, if using.
- Whisk the egg into the santan, then pour into the agar-agar mixture. Stir for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Pour mixture into the pan, making sure you don't move it around too much so that the layers form. Once slightly set, chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Cut into pieces before serving.