This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 200g beef (cubed)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp palm oil
- 6 French beans (cut diagonally)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 4 pieces ketupat (cut into small cubes)
- 1 stalk spring onion (sliced)
- fried shallots for garnish
- Spice Paste
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- 30 g dried shrimp (soaked in hot water to soften)
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Blend the spice paste ingredients to a paste.
- Season the beef with light soy sauce, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a wok and sauté the spice paste until aromatic, then add the beef and stir-fry over medium heat. Add in French beans and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the eggs into the wok and stir-fry until set, then add the sweet soy sauce and season to taste. Add the cubed ketupat and stir-fry until coated well with the other ingredients. If too dry, add a little bit of water. Remove from heat.
- Top with spring onions and fried shallots just before serving.