- 200g tapioca flour
- 60g sago flour
- 240g castor sugar
- 360ml thick coconut milk
- 245ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A little pink edible colouring
- Combine tapioca flour, sago flour, sugar, thick coconut milk, water and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
- Remove 1/3 portion of the batter and add in pink colouring. Divide pink portion into 5 equal parts, and the remaining uncoloured batter into 4 equal parts.
- Lightly grease a 20x15 cm cake tin. Place one part of the pink layer into the prepared pan. Steam over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add a layer of uncoloured batter over the pink layer and steam for 3 minutes.
- Repeat with alternate layers until the final layer is done. Steam this last layer for about 7 minutes. Make sure that no droplets of water falls into the steamed layers.
- Remove the kuih and leave to cool completely before cutting into diamond-shaped pieces.