Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Michael Foo for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
This recipe is best with
- 50g roasted peanuts (grind coarsely)
- 100g grated white coconut
- 60g brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 300g glutinous rice flour (sifted)
- 1 cup Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (blended with 5 pcs of pandan leaves)
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- Banana leaves (to wrap the kuih)
- Cut into 20 pieces of 10cm diameter rounds. Scald in hot water, wipe dry and brush lightly with oil.
- Put peanuts and the rest of the filling ingredients in a wok and stir-fry lightly over a low flame, for about 10 minutes. Dish out and cool.
- Put glutinous rice flour into a mixing bowl. Mix the rest of the dough ingredients separately before adding into the glutinous rice flour. Knead well to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough equally into 20 portions. Form each into round balls and flatten each piece with your palm. Add about 1 teaspoon of filling in the center. Gather up the edges to seal the filling inside
- Fold a piece of banana leaf into a cone. Put in the filled dough, then wrap and tuck in the ends neatly. Arrange kuih on a steamer and steam over rapidly boiling water for 15 minutes.
Preparing the Banana Leaves
Making the Filling
Dough & Assembly