Local fruits, when in season and plentiful, are great for frying up into crispy fritters.
- 120 g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 100 ml coconut milk (thick)
- 225 g durian flesh (mashed)
- 40 g caster sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour, rice flour, and salt. Mix well. Add coconut milk, mashed durian and sugar. Mix into a sloppy batter.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a wok over medium heat. Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop out the batter and drop into the hot oil. Do this in batches so you don’t overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry until the fritters are cooked through and golden.
- Remove fritters as they cook and drain on paper towels. Cool slightly before serving – threaded through bamboo skewers if you like.
To prepare batter
1 thought on “Durian Fritters (Cekodok Durian)”
Very interesting food. Where and how can I patronize your eatery. Appreciate if you may let me have your addresses.