This recipe is best with
- 500g Anchor Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 80g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp (approx 150g of eggs without shell)
- 250g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp cake flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 3 tbsp warm water
- Thaw cream cheese for at least 30min at room temperature. Preheat oven at 200°C and line a 7 inch springform pan with baking paper.
- Beat sugar and cream cheese together on medium until smooth. Tip: Cream until you can’t feel the sugar granules anymore. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Add eggs and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- To make matcha paste, add warm water to matcha powder. Stir to mix well.
- Mix the matcha paste, followed by vanilla extract into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the whipping cream and mix well, scraping down sides as needed.
- Sift in cake flour and mix until well incorporated. Tip: Do not over-mix the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into the pan slowly to avoid creating bubbles.
- Bake at 200°C for 50 minutes or until the top changes to a dark brown.
- Keep in chiller overnight. Unmould and serve chill.