The Nutty Semperit has a soft pastry base with a thin layer of peanut spread sandwiched in the middle for flavour, and a layer of chopped glazed peanut on top for crunch.
Photo and recipe courtesy of SCS.
- 200 g butter
- 80 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 160 g plain flour
- 65 g corn flour
- 100 g custard powder
- 130 g peanut butter
- 80 g glazed peanut (chopped / crushed)
- 1 egg
- Beat butter with icing sugar until fluffy, then add in vanilla essence.
- Next, pour in all the dry ingredients and mix well. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Separate the dough to two portions. Roll in between two plastic sheet to 3mm thickness. Chill in fridge.
- Remove from fridge once dough is slightly hardened. Spread 1st portion with peanut butter and cover with the other one on top. Chill in fridge again until dough hardens.
- Cut into smaller pieces and top with egg wash and crushed nuts.
- Bake at 160ºC for 20 minutes or until cooked.