- Combine yam, rice flour and oatmeal with chicken stock and water to make a thin paste of smooth consistency. Add salt to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly and steam mixture for 30 to 45 minutes in a well-oiled pan till firm.
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry garlic, dried shrimp and chai por till brown. Spread over steamed yam cake while hot.
- Garnish with fried shallots, sliced chillies, spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Cool yam cake and cut into pieces. Serve with chilli sauce or sweet sauce.
You may also like