- First rule for beginners: Work with low flame
- Heat oil and add cinnamon, star anise, cloves and cardamoms.
- Next, add onions, ginger and garlic, curry leaves and stir till onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the whole spice, turmeric powder and crushed pepper. Mix the masala and gently roast the dry masala, while adding a handful of mushrooms till all mushrooms are in the pan.
- Add salt as required and the mushrooms will start sweating. When the mushrooms are well coated with the masala, add the tomatoes and chilli.
- Cook gently over medium heat stirring occasionally till mushrooms are done. Remove from heat. Garnish as desired.
- (If gravy is required, add about 1/2 cup of water and you would get a thick sauce)
You may also like