This recipe is best with
- 100 g spaghetti or fettuccine pasta
- 2 button mushrooms, diced
- thin slices of cooked mook ham or bacon, diced
- some freshly chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup 98.5% fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Lightly spread a medium saucepan with olive oil.
- Add mocked ham / bacon and mushrooms to pan and add the chopped garlic, cook until soft, over medium heat (If it starts to stick to bottom of pan spray with water).
- Take off the heat and add cooked pasta, evaporated milk, cheese, pepper and parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and return pan to heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens (about 1-2 minutes).
- Serve topped with extra cheese and pepper, if desired.