- 1 pig's trotter, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 4cm cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp thick soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rock sugar or to taste
- Scald trotter in boiling water for 4-5 minutes then drain and put aside.
- Fry garlic in a wok until fragrant (without oil). Add trotter and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in seasoning, then add cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves. Pour in enough water to cover the trotter.
- Bring to a boil then cover the pot and simmer over low heat until meat is soft and tender.