Are you up for the Mission Im”pasta”ble? We bet you & your partner will have a wonderful time accomplishing this mission & have a satisfying belly too!
When you would like to whip up a simple dish that’s both fulfilling and comforting – Spaghetti Carbonara it is. The beauty of this dish is that you may switch out the pasta – spaghetti, fettucine, shells, macaroni – as you like. And you may replace the bacon with chicken breast, turkey ham, or even seafood.
- 200g Fettuccine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- A dash of coarsely ground black pepper
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chicken stock powder
- A pinch of sugar
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add a few drops of oil. Drop in the Fettuccine and cook until al dente. Drain and put aside.
- Fry prawn in a nonstick saucepan until crispy and aromatic.
- Add olive oil to the prawn. Put in onion and garlic. Fry until fragrant. Season with pepper. Dish out and put aside.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Place the bowl in a double-boiler. Double-boil until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and add the pre-fried prawn. Toss to mix well.