- 600g chicken, cut into sizeable pieces
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Spices (combined)
- 6 shallots
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sliced lemon grass (use white portion only)
- 2 tbsp meat curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 tsp water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place combined spices into a food processor. Blend into a fine paste.
- Combine the tapioca and rice flours. Marinate chicken pieces with the spice paste. Add combined flour mixture.
- Heat enough oil in a wok or deep saucepan.
- Put in marinated chicken and deep-fry over medium heat until lightly golden. Remove and reheat the oil.
- Return the prefried chicken pieces to the hot oil and fry over high heat until golden brown.
- Remove and drain from oil.