In this dish, the flavours of the tuna and the sauce blend together well with the chilli adding a slight kick to this dish. It’s hard to believe that this dish can be whipped up in less than an hour. It’s also a great alternative to the regular old tuna sandwich.
This recipe is brought to you by Prego. For more info, go to www.prego123.com.my/.
- 250 g PREGO® Spaghetti (cooked and drained*)
- 2 cans/1 jar PREGO® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 2 can tuna in oil (drained)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 dried chillies (sliced)
- handful olives (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and sliced)
- handful fresh basil (sliced (optional))
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until soft, add sliced peppers and dried chillies and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add PREGO® Traditional pasta sauce into the pan and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Add tuna. Then, simmer sauce for 4-5 minutes.
- Finish sauce with sliced fresh basil leaves (optional). Serve sauce over the spaghetti.
- *To cook the pasta, bring water to a boil before adding in the uncooked pasta. Cook pasta for 8-10 al dente. Then remove from water and drain the pasta.