What is better than creamy cheesy pasta? Baked creamy and cheesy pasta, of course. The carbonara and mushroom sauce in this recipe is an excellent topping to go with any pasta, and tastes absolutely delicious on its own (try it yourself!). This Alforno pasta dish is one way to prepare a richly tasty treat to end the day with – all in 35 minutes.
This recipe is brought to you by Prego. For more info, go to www.prego123.com.my/.
- 250 g PREGO® Macaroni (cooked & drained*)
- 2 can/1 jar PREGO® Carbonara Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- 200 g beef (thinly sliced/ beef bacon)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté beef/beef bacon in olive oil until slightly crispy, add onions, garlic, peppers and continue cooking until vegetables is wilted. Add macaroni and toss to mix. Transfer into a baking dish.
- Reheat PREGO® Carbonara Mushroom pasta sauce in a saucepan until hot, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Then pour the sauce evenly over the Macaroni.
- Sprinkle the Macaroni with Mozzarella cheese and bake at 180C for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown.
- **To cook the pasta, bring water to a boil before adding in the uncooked pasta. Cook pasta for 8-10 al dente. Then remove from water and drain the pasta.