Looking for a quick and delicious dessert to whip up for a party? These Banana and Chocolate Puffs will do the trick.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, about 500g
- 8 small bananas, peeled, pisang mas
- caster sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
- chocolate, melted for drizzling
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 equal strips.
- Place a banana in the centre of a pastry strip and roll the pastry loosely around it. Brush with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream.