These sweet dragon fruit tarts will take you high up the popularity chart.
This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
This recipe is best with
- Tart crust
- 100 g butter
- 40 g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- 145 g plain flour (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 100 g red dragon fruit (pureed)
- 240 ml water
- 50 ml evaporated milk
- red dragon fruit (slices)
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg yolk and essence and mix well. Fold in flour and salt and mix into a firm dough.
- Knead dough lightly then wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry and use as required.
- Whisk eggs and combine with dragon fruit puree until well blended. Pour in water and evaporated milk and strain filling.
- Preheat oven at 180°C. Pour filling into tart cases and arrange some dragon fruit slices on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set.