Nothing completes a heavy meal like a light but sinful dessert. Make these Strawberry and Chocolate Profiteroles for a light tea-time bite or to mark the end to an amazing Italian meal.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Sautéed Chicken with Chocolate Balsamic Sauce
- Squid with Curry and Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate and Parmesan Risotto
- Tomato, Chocolate and Nut Lollies
- Banoffee Heart
- White Chocolate and Passion Fruit Mousse
- Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pralines
- choux pastry
- 250 ml water
- 65 g margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 125 g plain flour
- 3 - 4 eggs
- 24 small strawberry icecream balls
- melted chocolate to taste
- toasted almonds for decoration
- Place the water, margarine and salt in a pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the flour, stirring continuously with a wooden spatula. Place the pan over high heat and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, stirring to incorporate well after each addition.
- Fill pastry into a piping bag attached with a round nozzle. Pipe into golf ballsized shapes, 5cm apart on parchment-lined baking pans. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the puffs to cool and dry out in the oven with the door open.
- Cut choux buns horizontally. Sandwich the strawberry ice cream balls into the choux buns, arrange on a plate and drizzle with chocolate. Decorate with toasted almonds.