Want to produce a dessert that has the ‘wow’ factor to impress your guests? Then, this peach cake recipe is what you are looking for.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Ayam Brand.
- For the sponge:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 80g castor sugar
- 50g plain or cake flour
- 1tsp orange essence
- Zest of 1 orange
- For the mousse:
- 1can (410g) peach slices in syrup, drained but keep syrup
- 100ml syrup from can of peach
- 1tbsp powdered gelatin
- 2tbsp hot water
- 200g whipped cream
- For the topping:
- 100g whipped cream
- 1can (410g) peach slices in syrup, syrup drained
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line bottom of a 8" round cake mould or a chiffon mould with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks.
- Fold in egg yolks followed by the flour and lastly the orange essence and zest.
- Pour into mould and bake for 35 mins.
- Remove and let it cool.
- Mash the peaches.
- Mix peach syrup with gelatin and add in hot water to stir until dissolved.
- Fold into whipped cream and add in the mashed peaches.
- Cut the cooled cake into 2 or 3 layers and fill layers with the mousse. Cover and chill in fridge till set.
- Remove from cake tin and spread top with whipped cream and peach arrangement