Want to produce a dessert that has the ‘wow’ factor to impress your guests? Then, this peach cake recipe is what you are looking for.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Ayam Brand.
This recipe is best with
- For the sponge:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 80g castor sugar
- 50g plain or cake flour
- 1tsp orange essence
- Zest of 1 orange
- For the mousse:
- 1can (410g) peach slices in syrup, drained but keep syrup
- 100ml syrup from can of peach
- 1tbsp powdered gelatin
- 2tbsp hot water
- 200g whipped cream
- For the topping:
- 100g whipped cream
- 1can (410g) peach slices in syrup, syrup drained
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line bottom of a 8" round cake mould or a chiffon mould with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks.
- Fold in egg yolks followed by the flour and lastly the orange essence and zest.
- Pour into mould and bake for 35 mins.
- Remove and let it cool.
- Mash the peaches.
- Mix peach syrup with gelatin and add in hot water to stir until dissolved.
- Fold into whipped cream and add in the mashed peaches.
- Cut the cooled cake into 2 or 3 layers and fill layers with the mousse. Cover and chill in fridge till set.
- Remove from cake tin and spread top with whipped cream and peach arrangement