Ping Pei Cheese Mooncake recipe uses a non-bake ‘Ping Pei’ or snowskin as the exterior with an all time favorite lotus filling.
Do check out our other mooncake recipes as well:
- (Group A) Ping pei skin:
- 180ml UHT milk
- 125g icing sugar
- 60g cream cheese
- 125g kou fun (commercial cooked glutinous rice flour)
- 35g whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- (Group B) Lotus paste filling:
- 400g lotus paste
- 7–8 salted egg yolks
- To make the (Group A) Ping pei skin: Combine milk, cream cheese and icing sugar in a double boiler saucepan. Double-boil over a medium heat. Keep stirring until mixture is smooth. Leave aside to cool completely. Add in whipping cream, salt and essence. Add in kou fun and mix until a smooth dough is formed. Put aside to rest for 8–10 minutes. Divide dough into 60g portions.
- Roll out each portion into a round and wrap in lotus paste filling. Bring in the edges to enclose the filling. Press lightly into wooden mooncake mould; to dislodge mooncake, knock or tap the mould against a hard surface of a table. Chill in the refrigerator.
- For the (Group B) Lotus paste filling: Steam salted egg yolks for 3–4 minutes. Wrap each yolk with 90g lotus paste.