- 600g roast pork trotter, chopped
- 400g left over roast chicken
- 1kg green stems (kai choy), cut into 6cm pieces
- 2 calamansi limes (limau kasturi), torn into halves
- 12-15 dried chillies, rinsed
- 6 young sweet corn, halved
- 1 small can button mushrooms, halved
- 2 litres water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chicken stock granules
- Sugar to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add in pork trotter and bring to a quick boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add young sweet corn, dried chillies and all the vegetables.
- Cover and boil for 10-15 minutes. Reduce the heat again and simmer for 20-25 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add the left over chicken and button mushrooms. Stir in seasoning to taste and continue to simmer for an extra 10-20 minutes. Dish out and serve hot immediately.