- Clean pork and using a sharp knife, score lean meat down the length to divide the pork into two or three strips.
- Rub the meat and skin with dark soya sauce then deep-fry in hot oil until the skin becomes crisp. Drain completely from oil.
- Heat wok with 2 - 3 tablespoons oil and sauté garlic, ginger, spring onion, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick and dried chillies until fragrant.
- Add water, belly pork and combined sauce ingredients, bring to boil and simmer covered for 1 - 2 hours or until meat is tender and the sauce is thick. Dish out and slice the pork into serving slices.
- To serve, arrange pork slices on a plate and pour the sauce over them.
You may also like