- To prepare skin: In a large bowl, mix flour with water and knead into a smooth dough. Cover the dough with a warm towel and leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a thin sausage shape and cut into pieces, about 7g each. Using a mini rolling pin, roll out each piece into a flat circle.
- To prepare filling: In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Cling wrap and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- To assemble: Fill each dough circle with a heaped tablespoon of the filling and a cube of frozen superior stock.
- Seal the edges with 18 pleats. Steam for 6 minutes. Serve piping hot with shredded ginger and black vinegar.
- The traditional siew loong pau requires 18 pleats, because it is supposed to look like a chrysanthemum flower.
- To make the superior stock, simmer old chicken, Yunnan ham, pork loin and chicken feet together for 3-4 hours. The inclusion of the chicken feet will cause the soup to be gelati
You may also like