- 2 litres water
- l kg ribs (pork or beef*), cut into pieces
- 500g lean meat (pork or beef*), cut into pieces
- 1 knob fresh ginger, lightly crushed
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 20 pieces beancurd puffs (tau pok)
- * Or substitute with 1.5kg chicken pieces.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the meat, ginger and garlic.
- Allow to boil for 10-15 minutes, regularly skimming the top to remove the scum.
- When the soup is clear, add the dark and light soy sauce and salt.
- Add hard boiled eggs and tau pok.
- Bring the water down to a siinmer and cook for about 45 minutes or until meat is tender.