- Heat butter and olive oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté gently until onion turns soft.
- Add pumpkin, carrot, apple and mixed herbs. Stir-fry well. Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour in half the water or chicken stock. Cover and leave to cook on very low heat for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally until pumpkin is soft.
- Tip the contents of the saucepan into a food processor or blender. Add a ladle or two of the stock. Process to a smooth puree.
- Return the puree to the pan and add remaining stock. Bring to a gentle boil. Add cream and adjust seasoning to taste. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls and garnish with a little chopped chives.
You may also like