- Grease a loaf tin. Line with greaseproof paper and grease again lightly. Preheat oven to 150 ºC.
- Combine the fruits and nuts together in a mixing bowl. Sift flour and salt over the fruits and nuts. Stir in sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the eggs, add the orange rind, brandy, rum, essence and orange juice. Blend well. Stir the whisked ingredients into the fruit and nut mixture. Mix well to blend until mixture is just stiff.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin. Smooth top evenly with a palette knife. Arrange a few nuts around the top and bake in preheated oven for two and a half hours or until cake is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and leave aside to cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn out cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You may also like