Have fun making this Egg Salad Tex-Mexy for breakfast or brunch!
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado (chopped)
- Small handful coriander (roughly chopped (plus additional for serving))
- 1 bird’s eye chilli (finely chopped)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 lime (cut into wedges (for serving))
- Put the eggs in a saucepan, cover with water by 5cm, and put on the stove over medium-high heat.
- When the water boils, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and put on the timer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour off the hot water, then put the pot in the sink and let cold water run over the eggs until they’re cool enough to peel.
- Roughly chop the eggs and put them in a bowl.
- Add the avocado, coriander, chopped chilli, and salt to taste. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, preheat the oven to broil. When the oven’s hot, toast your tortillas by putting them directly on the rack, making sure to flip them to the other side after about a minute. Be sure to watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- Spoon one-fourth of the egg salad on each of the four tortillas and sprinkle with a little more coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges.