Banh Mi is a type of Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich, which is a favourite among the locals.
- 1 portion roast chicken
- 1 baguette (cut into 6in in length)
- white radish
- coriander (fresh)
- Chilli sauce mix:
- 250ml rice vinegar
- 110g caster sugar
- 250ml chilli sauce
- Heat the rice vinegar and sugar in a small pan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, then cool. Add the chili sauce and set aside.
- Shave vegetables (except coriander) lengthways into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, and then cut into fine matchsticks.
- Split the baguette, then lightly grill the cut side for 20 seconds to warm them.
- Spread mayonnaise on the baguette.
- To serve fill with sliced chicken, vegetable, chilli sauce mix and coriander.