This recipe is best with
- 4 crusty French sandwich rolls
- 120g chevre (goat) cheese
- 1 cup pitted, chopped Northwest fresh sweet cherries
- ¼ cup lowfat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp each Dijon-style mustard and chopped fresh basil
- 240g thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Slice sandwich rolls in half horizontally, leaving one long side attached.
- Spread 30g cheese on cut side of botton half of each roll.
- Combine cherries, mayonnaise, mustard and basil; mix well.
- Spread 3 to 4 tbsp cherry mixture on cut side of top half of each roll.
- For each sandwich, arrange 60g turkey on cheese and top with ½ cup spinach leaves.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Variations: Substitute one 340g loaf baguette for sandwich rolls.