This dinosaur-themed bento is just too cute to eat.
The flower garden is made up of a leafy salad strewn with edible flowers.
At the side is a dinosaur nest made up of a base of tortilla chips, mixed nuts and a boiled egg with dots.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Mission Foods.
This recipe is best with
- Chicken Cheese Filling
- 500g chicken fillet, skinless; cut into small cubes
- 120g red onion, sliced thinly
- 150g zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 2tbsp cajun spice
- 1tsp turmeric, ground
- 2tbsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Dinosaur Quesadillas
- 4 6-grain wraps
- 1 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese; shredded 1cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese; shredded
- butter, softened; a small amount
- Flower Garden
- 3pcs green lettuce
- edible flowers, fresh; a handful
- Dinosaur Egg Nest
- garlic and butter tortilla chips, a handful
- mixed nuts, a handful
- 1 small egg. hard-boiled
- 1pc beet root, small; shredded and juice squeezed out
- Marinate the chicken fillet with the cajun spice, ground turmeric and a dash of salt. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil and sauté the sliced onions until translucent.
- Toss in the chopped zucchini and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Add in the marinated chicken and cook for about 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Taste and add more salt, only if needed.
- Use a dinosaur cookie cutter and press into 6-Grain Wraps to create four pieces of dinosaur-shaped wraps.
- Lightly spread softened butter on the outer side of the dinosaur-shaped wraps.
- Top a shaped wrap with the Chicken Cheese Filling evenly before adding some shredded cheese.
- Top with another piece of dinosaur wrap.
- Heat the dinosaur quesadillas on a flat non-stick pan until the cheese melts and the wrap is a nice golden brown. Do the same with the other side of the quesadillas.
- Break off triangular ends of garlic & butter chips and place them between the two wraps to make spikes for the dinosaur quesadillas.
- Place the lettuce in a bento box and sprinkle the edible flowers before placing the two dinosaur quesadillas on top.
- To create the dinosaur egg, use a little paintbrush to dot the hard boiled eggs with beet root juice.
- Place the egg on some garlic & butter chips in a smaller container, topped with mixed nuts to create the Dinosaur Egg Nest.
- Add in some grapes or your choice of fruits for a sweet dessert for your Dinosaur Quesadillas Bento.
Chicken Cheese Filling