What could be easier than a slice or two of French Toast for breakfast?
This recipe is best with
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4tsp ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain/whole meal bread
- 2tbsp butter
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk milk and eggs. Add in essence, salt, cinnamon and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet and melt butter.
- Soak the bread one slice at a time in the egg mix (make sure you coat both sides) and place on the skillet. Cook until golden brown, approximately two to three minutes on each side.
- Serve with honey or fruits on the side.