- Combine ingredients in a mixer to form a firm but smooth dough. Allow to ferment for 25 minutes, then knock and flatten the dough to press out the air.
- Reshape dough and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1cm thickness. (If you have a roller-docker, use it to spike holes on the surface of the dough.)
- Cut dough into rectangular portions and place on greased baking tray. Allow dough to prove for 50 minutes.
- Set the oven at 220ºC. When you put in the bread to bake, immediately reduce heat by 10ºC-20ºC. Baking time is about 20 minutes. The surface of the bread should be very light in colour.
You may also like