Try out this easy peanut chutney recipe that only requires 3 steps!
- 2 tsp oil
- 1cup unsalted peanuts, skinned
- 1cup roasted chana dal/split peas
- 20 curry leaves
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 1cm ginger, chopped
- ½tsp asafoetida
- ½ lemon
- salt to taste
- water as required depending on how thick you want your chutney
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the peanuts and cook till they start to brown. Lower heat and add the curry leaves and the split peas and sesame seeds. Cook till the leaves crisp, but don’t let them burn as this will make your chutney bitter. Turn the heat off and allow the peanut mix to cool.
- Blend the peanut mix along with the chillies, ginger and asafoetida until it becomes a paste and then add water (to the consistency that you are happy with) and salt as required.
- Squeeze 1-2 teaspoons of lemon or lime juice and pulse a couple more times to mix the seasoning into the chutney. Serve. The chutney can be kept, refrigerated, for up to a week.