This recipe and photo are courtesy of Mission Foods.
- 40g yellow onions (peeled and diced finely)
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1cm cube ginger
- 1/2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 3tbsp green coriander leaves (fresh , chopped)
- 1/4 green chilli
- 500g green peas
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1/4tsp cumin seeds (roasted and ground)
- 4tbsp Sour cream (to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Combine diced onion, chicken stock, ginger, ground coriander powder and cumin powder in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Then simmer for 5 mins.
- Fish out the ginger and add fresh coriander leaves, green chilli, peas, roasted cumin seeds and cook until peas are tender for approximately 2-3 mins.
- Separate the liquid from the solids and blend the solids until fine. You may use some of the boiling liquid to thin out the pea mash.
- Season accordingly.
- Just before serving the dip, heat the pea dip and add sour cream and salt to taste.