In this “Let’s ‘bake’ this happen more often” series, almond has become increasingly popular of late, have a take on these!
- 120g butter
- 60g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 180g plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup almond strip
- Line cookie trays with greased baking paper. Cream butter, castor sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy. Beat in honey and salt until well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour, bicarbonate of soda, desiccated coconut and macadamia nuts. Mix well into a dough.
- Shape into balls the size of small limes. Press down slightly and place them onto prepared trays. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes then transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.