In this One Pan Spaghetti series, this Basic One Pan Spaghetti is our take on Aglio e Olio, that is deliciously simple yet wholesome! Perfect for busy people who still wants a balanced meal and most importantly, fuss-free.
- 200g spaghetti (uncooked)
- 3 nos garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 nos big onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp italian mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pack cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 700ml water
- 1 nos cubed chicken stock
- some salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 handful sweet basil leaves
- Heat up pan with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and pan fry the sliced garlic, onions and cherry tomatoes till fragrant. Add in the italian mixed herb midway
- Then add in the 700ml of water, followed by the cubed chicken stock and some salt and black pepper. Let it simmer for a 1-2 minutes before adding in the spaghetti.
- After adding in the spaghetti, boil for 12-14 minutes with lid closed on med to low heat. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid spaghetti from sticking together.
- Once spaghetti has cooked until al dente, season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn off flame and Incorporate the handful of sweet basil into the spaghetti before serving. Enjoy!
- Gradually add additional 100ml of water if you find your spaghetti has not cooked but is lacking in liquid. Just remember to season accordingly
- You can start checking if your spaghetti is cooked after 10 minutes into boiling
- If you are a vegetarian/vegan, just replace the cubed chicken stock with a vegetable one