Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this One Pan Spaghetti series, this Basic One Pan Spaghetti is our take on Aglio e Olio, that is deliciously simple yet wholesome! Perfect for busy people who still wants a balanced meal and most importantly, fuss-free.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco/Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 200g spaghetti (uncooked)
- 3 nos garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 nos big onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp italian mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pack cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 700ml water
- 1 nos cubed chicken stock
- some salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 handful sweet basil leaves
- Heat up pan with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and pan fry the sliced garlic, onions and cherry tomatoes till fragrant. Add in the italian mixed herb midway
- Then add in the 700ml of water, followed by the cubed chicken stock and some salt and black pepper. Let it simmer for a 1-2 minutes before adding in the spaghetti.
- After adding in the spaghetti, boil for 12-14 minutes with lid closed on med to low heat. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid spaghetti from sticking together.
- Once spaghetti has cooked until al dente, season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn off flame and Incorporate the handful of sweet basil into the spaghetti before serving. Enjoy!
- Gradually add additional 100ml of water if you find your spaghetti has not cooked but is lacking in liquid. Just remember to season accordingly
- You can start checking if your spaghetti is cooked after 10 minutes into boiling
- If you are a vegetarian/vegan, just replace the cubed chicken stock with a vegetable one