Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this “You know I’m all about that ‘bas-il’ ” series, this Basil Fried Rice has incorporated the aroma of basil into your everyday fried rice that gives an extra scent of freshness!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 200g Chicken fillet, cut into small chunks
- 10g basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 serving glass noodles, cut into 2-3cm length
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Some cooking oil
- To prepare chicken fillet: Cut the fillet into smaller bite-sizes, season it with sesame oil, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- To fry the rice: Heat up a pan with oil and add minced garlic to fry until fragrant
- Then add carrot and chicken pieces. Stir fry until the chicken is half cooked then toss in the cabbage.
- Subsequently, add in the glass noodles followed by the rice. Mix till they're evenly distributed.
- Then, crack the eggs in and mix.
- Lastly, add in the basil leaves and give it a final few stirs. Ready to serve!