In this “You know I’m all about that ‘bas-il’ ” series, this Basil Fried Rice has incorporated the aroma of basil into your everyday fried rice that gives an extra scent of freshness!
- 200g Chicken fillet, cut into small chunks
- 10g basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 serving glass noodles, cut into 2-3cm length
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Some cooking oil
- To prepare chicken fillet: Cut the fillet into smaller bite-sizes, season it with sesame oil, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- To fry the rice: Heat up a pan with oil and add minced garlic to fry until fragrant
- Then add carrot and chicken pieces. Stir fry until the chicken is half cooked then toss in the cabbage.
- Subsequently, add in the glass noodles followed by the rice. Mix till they're evenly distributed.
- Then, crack the eggs in and mix.
- Lastly, add in the basil leaves and give it a final few stirs. Ready to serve!