Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Chocolate Chiffon 3 Ways’ series, this Chocolate Chiffon Cake recipe is chocolatey yet light and airy. Make this to impress your closed ones!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 70g milk
- 5nos egg yolks
- 60g unsalted butter (melted)
- 2g vanilla essence
- 60g cake flour
- 25g dutch cocoa powder
- 2g baking powder
- 5nos egg whites
- 100g castor sugar
- 2g salt
- others : 18cm chiffon cake mold
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk,, egg yolks, melted unsalted butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add in sifted cake flour, dutch cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix till no lumps of flour are visible and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, use a hand mixer and whisk the egg whites till it starts to foam. Gradually add in the salt and castor sugar, whip till it forms a stiff peak.
- Incorporate 1/3 of the meringue into the egg flour mixture. Once the mixture is mixed well, fold in the rest of the meringue gently.
- Transfer over to the chiffon mold and bake at 170 deg C for 35-40 minutes.
- Once baked, place the chiffon upside down on a cooling rack. Let it cool completely before removing from the mold.