Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Better ‘Choco-late’ than never’ series, this nut butter spread is easy to spread and very similar to Nutella with lesser fat & sugar makes it a healthier version.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco/Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 150ml water
- 180g ground hazelnuts
- Additional Water: 100ml water
- 565g chocolate malted milk powder (eg. Milo or Ovaltine)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- To roast the hazelnut: preheat the oven to 175℃. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and arrange ground hazelnuts in one single layer.
- Toast until golden brown and fragrant, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Leave it aside to cool.
- To prep the spread: Puree nuts and water in a blender until pasty.
- Transfer to a desktop mixer bowl with the beater attachment.
- Use additional water to rinse out residue in the blender.
- Add chocolate malted milk powder and vanillin to the mixer bowl.
- Pour residue liquid into mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer to jars and refrigerate.