Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Pan Mee Recipes’ series, this Crispy Chilli Prawn Pan Mee recipe is perfect for spice lovers and you’ll find this umami packed dish irresistible!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1 packet fresh pan mee
- 150g chicken meat (minced)
- 20g dried anchovies (peeled and rinsed)
- 3nos shallots (sliced thinly)
- 1 stalk sawi hijau or mustard greens (cut into 5cm length)
- (optional) 2 handful sweet leaves or pucuk manis
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- pinch of salt and white pepper, to taste
- adequate water to boil the noodles and condiments
- 1Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tsp fried shallot oil
- 1-2Tbsp crispy prawn chili
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the minced chicken meat with a pinch of salt and white pepper.. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat up 1/4 cup of oil and fry the anchovies till crispy and golden brown. Discard and drain excess oil before setting aside.
- Heat up the same pan with another 1/4 cup oil and fry the sliced shallots till golden brown. Transfer both the oil and fried shallots into a bowl and set aside
- On the same pan, saute the marinated minced chicken till cook, set aside.
- To make the pan mee sauce, in a bowl, combine 1Tbsp light soy sauce, 1tsp fried shallot oil from earlier, some salt and pepper to taste and 1-2Tbsp of the crispy prawn chili. Set aside
- Once the fried condiments and sauce are done, move on to boiling the noodles and the rest of the condiments
- Boil a pot of water, add in the fresh pan mee noodles, followed by the sawi hijau and pucuk manis. About 2-3 minutes or once they're cooked, drain excess water and transfer over to a big bowl.
- Toss with the crispy prawn chili sauce and top with the rest of the condiments set aside earlier (fried shallots, anchovies and minced chicken meat). Additional soft boiled eggs, if you'd like too. Enjoy!
- The pucuk manis is optional, you could omit if you'd prefer.
- To achieve the exact egg consistency like above, boil 1.2L water. Once boiled, add in 300ml of room temp water and submerge two eggs in. Cover and let them sit for 13 -14 minutes.