Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Shrimply Irresistible’ series, Easy Stir-fried Udon recipe uses kicap manis to achieve the sweet and salty taste from soy sauce and mirin. Definitely a good replacement for Malaysian who do not have mirin or Japanese condiments at home!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- A pack of udon (stored bought came as 3 in 1 pack)
- 1/4 of a Cabbage, sliced*
- Half of a Carrot, sliced*
- 1 Capsicum, sliced*
- 1 King oyster mushroom, sliced*
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Kicap manis (can be replaced with Soy sauce and sugar)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- *can be any vegetables to your liking
- De-shell and marinate the prawn with salt and pepper
- Blanch udon for a few seconds and quickly remove from heat once the noodles are untangled
- Stir fry the prawn, onion, garlic, and vegetables until soft
- Add udon, kicap manis, and pepper to taste
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes and dish out