In this ‘Bake with Garlic Butter’ series, this pull apart loaf minuses the need to slice! Buttery, garlicky and its fun to eat and share!
- 320g bread flour
- 30g sugar
- 6g instant active yeast
- 1nos egg
- 150g cold milk
- 2g salt
- 30g butter (cold but softened)
- Basil Garlic Butter Filling
- 100g garlic butter
- 20g sweet basil leaves
- In a food processor, blend the garlic butter and basil leaves, Set aside.
- Moving on to dough, combine all the dough ingredients except butter, Let it knead for about 5-6 minutes on med to high speed.
- Once done, add in the butter and let it mix for another 2-3 minutes or till the butter is absorbed. The dough should looks smooth at this point.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it ferment for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, it should double in size and transfer out onto a lightly floured table top.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle at 0.5cm thickness. Spread the basil garlic butter on top evenly.
- Using a dough cutter/knife, divide into 18 equal pieces. Stack 9 pieces on top of each other.
- Place the stacked pieces into two bread loaf moulds, 9 stacks on each.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let them proof for 40 minutes at a slightly warm area
- Once done, bake at 180 deg C for 30-35 mins or till golden brown. Let them cool for at least 10-15 mins before enjoying!