Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Check out this week’s meal plan, the ‘Hangry No More’ series:
Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Honey and Mayonnaise Dipping Sauce – satisfy your midnight craving with guilt-free sweet potato fries!
Hearty Brown Beef Stew – A quick and easy one-pot brown beef stew is all you need for a tiring weekday.
Minced Pie with Mashed Potato Topping – A perfect combination is where creamy mashed potato meets juicy savory minced beef pie!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 4tsp cornflour
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- 2tbsp raw honey
- 2tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- Black peppercorns - optional, crushed
- 1bunch coriander leaves or parsley, chopped
- Hearty Brown Beef Stew
- 500g fillet of beef
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- 2 cm cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 large onions
- 400g potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 3 tsp of flour
- salt and pepper according to taste
- Minced Pie with Mashed Potato Topping
- 300g (Russet) potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100ml hot milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 25g white button mushrooms
- 150g minced beef
- 25g diced carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g chopped onion
- 40g fennel, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp red wine
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 220 degree celsius.
- While oven is pre-heating, peel off the sweet potato skin and cut into long thin slices about less than 1cm thick. Keep them the same size for even baking results.
- Line up all the sweet potatoes on a dark non-stick baking sheet or pan.
- Drizzle coconut oil, sea salt, chilli flakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side. It’s alright if the fries caramelized at the sides.
- Drizzle raw honey and Japanese mayo onto the sweet potatoes, garnish with chopped coriander leaves, crushed peppercorns and serve.
- Slice beef and marinate with salt, pepper and thick soy sauce for 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour to coat beef.
- Heat oil and fry cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and onions. Add in marinated beef and fry for another three minutes to seal in the flavours and nutrients of the beef.
- Add potatoes and carrots, and one pint of water. Simmer over low heat until potato is tender and gravy thickens. Add in green peas.
- Scrub potatoes clean and cook with enough water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Peel and mash the potatoes. Add butter and hot milk then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and fry onion until softened. Add minced beef, carrot and mushrooms. Cook for a while. Add fennel and bay leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Add cornflour, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Pour in wine. Cover and simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until gravy is reduced.
- Spoon mixture into 3 ramekin bowls. Spread out the mixture and press down with a spoon. Top with mashed potato and smoothen the surface with the back of a spoon. Run a fork across to make patterns.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for about 20-25 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. Remove ramekins out and serve hot.