Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Easy Diwali Snacks’ series, this crunchy and delicious snack is one that you could enjoy at any time of the day. It’s also known as sev!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 280g gram dhal flour
- 80g rice flour
- 2g chili powder
- 2g turmeric powder
- 2g cumin seeds (blend finely)
- 1/2tsp salt or to taste
- 120g water
- 20g oil
- more oil for frying
- Cookie press with small holes disc
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except water and oil. Set aside.
- Heat up the 20g of oil and add into the flour mixture. Mix with a spoon/fork and gradually add in the water.
- Knead till it forms a dough. Fill the cookie press with adequate dough
- Heat up oil and once hot, press the omapodi dough into the hot oil in circular shapes.
- Fry till they turn golden brown. Drain excess oil and let it set aside to cool. Repeat process till finish.
- Once cooled, break them and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!