Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Roti Paratha 3 Ways’ series, this Quick Egg Tart recipe is equally flaky on the outside and creamy on the inside, just like Portugese egg tarts but with less hassle.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- Egg Custard
- 2 nos Egg Yolk
- 50g Sugar
- 160g Dairy Whipping Cream
- 80g Milk
- 1/2 tsp Custard Powder (1g)
- 3 nos Frozen Paratha
- Muffin Tray
- Some cooking oil to grease the muffin tray
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, custard powder and sugar till the sugar slightly dissolves.
- Add in the cream and milk. Mix till sugar is fully dissolves. Set it aside in the fridge till it's needed.
- Moving on the paratha, divide each piece into 2 and shape them into a cone before placing and further pressing them into the greased muffin tray.
- Once done, divide the custard mixture equally into the 6 molded paratha. Bake at 210 deg C for 30-35 minutes.
- When baking, make sure to rotate the tray midway into baking to ensure even baking.
- Make sure the paratha is slightly defrosted before working with it, or else it will break easily.
- You could keep the baked egg tarts in the chiller for 2-3 days and reheat in the oven for at least 10 minutes and they will turn crispy again!