Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘So Mush-Room For You In My Heart’ series, Rice Cooker Mushroom Chicken Rice is probably the most effortless recipe you can make at home!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 350g chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 dried mushroom, soaked until soft & slice
- 80g sweet peas, remove the tough fibreous string
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 inch ginger, fine jullienne
- 1-2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 cup of rice, washed
- 2 cups water
- In a rice cooker, drizzle some cooking oil & sesame oil then turn on the cook mode according to the rice grain of your selection. Season the chicken cubes with some salt & pepper white waiting for the cooker pot to heat up.
- Once the oil is heated, add in the ginger & stir fry until fragrant. Then toss in the garlic to give it a quick stir fry until aromatic.
- Add the chicken cubes into the cooker pot & continue stir fry until chicken starts to cook. Then add in the sliced mushrooms & sweet peas in the pot to continue stir fry.
- Pour in the cup of washed rice into the pot and stir well. Then add all the 3 sauces into the pot, combine well with all the ingredients.
- Add the water to the rice cooker and give it a final stir to make sure the rice ingredients are spread out evenly in the pot. Close the cover and let the rice cook.
- When the rice cooker is done cooking for the first time, open the cover & use a pair of chopsticks / a rice scoop to give the rice a quick stir. Then place the broccoli florets on the surface of the rice and close the cover then hit the cook button again for the final cook. (You may add some water if the rice is not cooked to the desired texture.)
- When the rice cooker is done for the second time, scoop out the rice and serve warm.