Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Check out this week’s meal plan, the ‘Shrimply Irresistible’ series:
Udang Masak Manis – this mouth drooling sweet and sour sauce prawn will definitely make you request an additional bowl of rice.
Easy Stir-Fry Udon – this recipe uses kicap manis to achieve the sweet and salty taste from soy sauce and mirin. Definitely a good replacement for Malaysian who do not have mirin or Japanese condiments at home!
Oyster Mushroom with Sweet Cabbage – this trio is a matchmake you cannot resist.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- Udang Masam Manis
- 1 medium size red onions, minced
- 6 large prawns / 8-10 medium prawns
- 3 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tamarind
- 2 tbsp kicap manis
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Stir-fried Udon
- A pack of udon (stored bought came as 3 in 1 pack)
- 1/4 of a Cabbage, sliced*
- Half of a Carrot, sliced*
- 1 Capsicum, sliced*
- 1 King oyster mushroom, sliced*
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Kicap manis (can be replaced with Soy sauce and sugar)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- *can be any vegetables to your liking
- Oyster Mushroom with Sweet Cabbage
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- Oyster Mushroom
- 2cm ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- Marinate the prawns with all the ingredients and keep it in a storage container. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare a deep pan to heat with sufficient oil. Insert the prawn one by one and fry until golden brown.
- Set aside to drain excess oil. Plate it with lettuce leaves as the base and serve hot.
- De-shell and marinate the prawn with salt and pepper
- Blanch udon for a few seconds and quickly remove from heat once the noodles are untangled
- Stir fry the prawn, onion, garlic, and vegetables until soft
- Add udon, kicap manis, and pepper to taste
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes and dish out
- Sliced vegetables to desired shapes and sizes. Go creative with the cutting style!
- Heat some oil in the skillet. Once hot, add in ginger and stir fry till the aroma is released.
- Add in garlic, followed by oyster mushrooms and carrots.
- Stir fry till fragrant and add in cabbage.
- Create a well in the middle of the skillet and add in oyster sauce.
- Mix ingredients, season to liking and remove from pan. Enjoy!